The African continent is made up of 54 countries – and 14 of them are currently experiencing violent conflicts. War and violence have ongoing, generational effects, causing famine, migration, economic disaster, and the personal, individual suffering of those forced to endure these conflicts.
Often, these wars hamper the preaching of the Gospel, as areas become closed to the outside world. We pray that peace will pave the way for regions to open up to the Gospel. We pray for national healing and individual salvations. God will make a way where it seems there is no way!
Please pray for:
- An end to the armed conflicts in African countries
- God to raise up peacemakers to bring warring factions together to bring about real and lasting peace in each suffering nation
- New leaders who truly have a heart for their nation and for God
- Previously closed borders to open up to missionaries and evangelists
- Good weather and provision of seed for farmers, so that people have enough to eat and resources to share
- Violent and radical groups to find themselves without financial provision
- Infiltration of violent groups with the power of the Gospel
- Christians of courage and commitment who will heed the call to work in dangerous areas
- Protection and safety for those called to preach in war-torn regions
- Restoration and economic development for nations who seek peace